COVID-19 Message (Updated on June 29, 2022): Click READ MORE to see updates regarding COVID-19
ABLE Developmental Clinic is a well-known and busy practice that addresses a wide variety of developmental and behavioural issues in children and youth. At present, ABLE is home to several psychologists, behaviour consultants, counsellors, speech-language pathologists, pediatricians, and psychiatrists. We offer assessment and ongoing treatment for autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, ADHD, language disorders, and other developmental and mental health conditions in children and their families.
Career opportunities with ABLE Developmental Clinic:
Join the dynamic professional team at ABLE Developmental Clinic. We are currently recruiting psychology associates at all three clinic locations (West Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond):
- West Vancouver (Friday, Saturday)
- Richmond (Office availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Surrey (Office availability: Monday, Friday, Saturday)
Due to increased demand for autism assessment services at all three clinic locations, psychologists with competency and/or interest (training and supervision can be coordinated) in autism assessment will be prioritized for recruitment. ABLE Clinic receives a diversity of referrals for psychological services and associates would not be expected to be solely involved in autism assessment unless that was the associates preference; however, a meaningful increase to assessment capacity is desired.
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Career opportunities in the Community:
We are sharing an exciting opportunity....
We are seeking a person who is truly fun, genuine and driven about making a difference in the life of a keen learner. We require someone who is engaged and interested in a variety of community activities and sports. Seeking creative, athletic individuals with a larger than life personality who like being active, busy and goal oriented. We are a private family team of positive, experienced aides, board-certified behavioural analysts and psychologists that have created an upbeat, successful learning and supportive work environment.
We use a fun, dynamic, and interactive approach when working on goal areas such as using sports, art, music, life skills, schooling, cooking, etc. to engage youth in the community. We invest in our team long term by providing exceptional continual education and advanced training, including international experts. Some of our previous long term team members have been teachers, special education assistants, peer support workers, coaches and professionals from other fields who enjoy sports, being out and busy.
What we offer:
- Excellent wage, outstanding expertise, constant international expert consultants, concentration on a happy, positive home and working environment and opportunity to gain skills
- Hands-On Training – support by experienced team and professional Behavioral Interventionists
- Group Benefit package to all employees working 20 hours or more in a permanent position; includes extended Health/Dental.
- Promotion of lifelong learning with ongoing training and advancement opportunities
- In every environment ensure and support individual in “meaningful inclusion and acceptance”
- Build and foster a happy, fun and welcoming atmosphere
- Provide respectful and high-quality direct care and teaching supports and skill building in areas including life goals, money management, appointments, family and work connections, household activities, volunteer work and cooking/baking!
- Help plan and participate in inclusive fun celebrations and traditions.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records in all areas as directed :program progress, financial, medical, daily journals, etc.
- Provide safe and meaningful daily excursions that create learning opportunities.
- Attend to safety, esteem and developmental learnings
- Organize and implement daily living activities as well as recreational activities and see these as opportunities for educational and therapeutic interventions.
- Use routines and activities to enable them to relate to others in socially acceptable ways;
- Provide meaningful and responsible role modelling, as well as direct teaching in areas of nutrition and social manners.
- Identify and act on goal-related teaching opportunities; use systematic plans of instruction appropriate teaching methods and approaches to transfer information and skills.
- Select and make appropriate use of strategies.
- Monitor and work directly in all aspects of their lives, i.e., liaise with family and community groups.
- Carry out advocacy responsibilities
- Demonstrate appropriate conduct in terms of behaviour, appearance, and presentation and adhere to family expectations with regard to confidentiality.
- Attend to team responsibilities in terms of participation, communication, and demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Model socially acceptable values, e.g., integrity, fairness, and respect.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Seeking commitment minimal 18months, excellent job security for excellent candidate
Specific Training or Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary education valued
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Fluent in spoken and written English and able to effectively articulate thoughts and ideas in a team setting
- Clear police check
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Natural ability to remain calm, focused and clear at all times
- Ability to take direction and follow-through on commitments in timely fashion
- Open to learn and grow; able to give and receive feedback
- Willing to carry responsibility and maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to motivate, encourage and engage the interests of others. Computer proficiency (email, Word, internet usage)
Expected Hours of Work: The Salaried professional receives a monthly salary for providing support for a full-time position 40 hours per week. Part time maybe discussed for an excellent candidate.
Reports to: Family
Location: Metro Vancouver & North Shore -focused
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Part-time possible
- Outstanding happy young man and successful positive family team
- Casual sports attire
- Company health benefit plan
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance