A message from the director regarding COVID-19 (updated on Aug 13)
Like everyone, we continue to monitor the latest advice from health authorities regarding Coronavirus and want you to know that the health of our clients, associates, and employees is paramount.
We launched a gradual, slow, and safety-conscious reopening plan in May and have found success in providing care through a combination of telehealth and as-required in-person visits. While our focus is on assessments at this time, our speech-language pathologists, counsellors, behavioural consultants, and physicians have all resumed their practices as well.
If you are interested in accessing our services, we are always accepting referrals and are happy to hear from you!
We are very happy to be able to continue to provide excellent care to our clients despite the pandemic. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your clinic:
Dr. Glen Davies, R. Psych
Director, ABLE Developmental Clinic, Inc.
ABLE Developmental Clinic Inc. is proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of children, youth and their families. Our team of professionals specialize in providing assessment, intervention, and consultation services for both individuals, groups, and families.
Speech Language Pathologist Position
Busy, exciting multi-disciplinary clinic looking for a speech language pathologist to join our team!
ABLE Developmental Clinic is a well-known and busy business that addresses a wide variety of developmental and behavioural issues in children and youth. At present, ABLE is home to several psychologists, behaviour consultants, counselors, and speech language pathologists. We offer assessment and ongoing treatment for autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, ADHD, and a number of other developmental and mental health diagnoses in children and their families.
We currently have space for another SLP associate to join our team. We would be looking for one or two SLPs to work in our West Vancouver, Richmond and/or Surrey offices. At present we are looking for someone to take on some in-office assessments as well as ongoing therapy clients.
If you are interested in any further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an outstanding and very unique private family opportunity for a professional, committed person to join our team to support a 25-year-old active young man with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We are seeking a person who is truly fun, genuine and driven about making a difference in the life of a keen learner. We require someone who is engaged and interested in a variety of community activities and sports. Seeking creative, athletic individuals with a larger than life personality who like being active, busy and goal oriented. We are a private family team of positive, experienced aides, board-certified behavioural analysts and psychologists that have created an upbeat, successful learning and supportive work environment.
We use a fun, dynamic, and interactive approach when working on goal areas such as using sports, art, music, life skills, schooling, cooking, etc. to engage youth in the community. We invest in our team long term by providing exceptional continual education and advanced training, including international experts. Some of our previous long term team members have been teachers, special education assistants, peer support workers, coaches and professionals from other fields who enjoy sports, being out and busy.
What we offer:
- Excellent wage, outstanding expertise, constant international expert consultants, concentration on a happy, positive home and working environment and opportunity to gain skills
- Hands-On Training – support by experienced team and professional Behavioral Interventionists
- Group Benefit package to all employees working 20 hours or more in a permanent position; includes extended Health/Dental.
- Promotion of lifelong learning with ongoing training and advancement opportunities
- In every environment ensure and support individual in “meaningful inclusion and acceptance”
- Build and foster a happy, fun and welcoming atmosphere
- Provide respectful and high-quality direct care and teaching supports and skill building in areas including life goals, money management, appointments, family and work connections, household activities, volunteer work and cooking/baking!
- Help plan and participate in inclusive fun celebrations and traditions.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records in all areas as directed :program progress, financial, medical, daily journals, etc.
- Provide safe and meaningful daily excursions that create learning opportunities.
- Attend to safety, esteem and developmental learnings
- Organize and implement daily living activities as well as recreational activities and see these as opportunities for educational and therapeutic interventions.
- Use routines and activities to enable them to relate to others in socially acceptable ways;
- Provide meaningful and responsible role modelling, as well as direct teaching in areas of nutrition and social manners.
- Identify and act on goal-related teaching opportunities; use systematic plans of instruction appropriate teaching methods and approaches to transfer information and skills.
- Select and make appropriate use of strategies.
- Monitor and work directly in all aspects of their lives, i.e., liaise with family and community groups.
- Carry out advocacy responsibilities
- Demonstrate appropriate conduct in terms of behaviour, appearance, and presentation and adhere to family expectations with regard to confidentiality.
- Attend to team responsibilities in terms of participation, communication, and demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Model socially acceptable values, e.g., integrity, fairness, and respect.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Seeking commitment minimal 18months, excellent job security for excellent candidate
Specific Training or Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary education valued
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Fluent in spoken and written English and able to effectively articulate thoughts and ideas in a team setting
- Clear police check
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Natural ability to remain calm, focused and clear at all times
- Ability to take direction and follow-through on commitments in timely fashion
- Open to learn and grow; able to give and receive feedback
- Willing to carry responsibility and maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to motivate, encourage and engage the interests of others. Computer proficiency (email, Word, internet usage)
Expected Hours of Work: The Salaried professional receives a monthly salary for providing support for a full-time position 40 hours per week. Part time maybe discussed for an excellent candidate.
Reports to: Family
Location: Metro Vancouver & North Shore -focused
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Part-time possible
- Outstanding happy young man and successful positive family team
- Casual sports attire
- Company health benefit plan
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
ABLE Developmental Clinic Inc. is a private multidisciplinary clinic serving children, adolescents, and young adults experiencing difficulties with Attention, Behaviour, Learning and Emotion.
Our clinic coordinators will walk you through the intake process and match you with one of our highly trained and licensed professional associates based on your referral concern.
Ask a Question
West Vancouver Clinic:
110 – 585 16th Street
West Vancouver, BC V7V 3R8
12 - 15243 91st Avenue
Surrey, BC V3R 9K2
Pacific Autism Family Network
3688 Cessna Drive
Richmond, BC V7B 1C7